Today is election day and there is a lot up in the air for our country. You may feel compelled to be in the know, keep up with the latest happening and even be a “news reporter” yourself. However, let us all remember to protect our peace.With all of the civil unrest, COVID-19 news, loss, and other traumatic events of the year, this election, more than others, seems to be a pivotal point in our history.
Many are concerned about the backlash that will take place with the election results, the impending changes that may occur and the impacts that we will see in our day to day lives. So, even though it may feel like today is the best time to stay glued to the news, I implore you to try a different approach today.
The reality is that the election results will be what they are, regardless of whether you are watching minute by minute or decide to catch up in a few days. So today, let’s protect our peace. Spend some time reflecting on the parts of this year that made you smile.
- Watch your favorite movie
- Take a nice walk
- Have some hot chocolate
- Eat your favorite meal for lunch
- Listen to your favorite tunes
- Do some breathing exercises
- Spend time with those that you love
- Unplug from social media and the news
- Journal (*Shameless plug* Whole You Journal now have bundle deals available at https://wholeyouwithdrge.square.site/)
The bottom line is, take time to find joy in whatever you do today. Allow peace to be your portion and free yourself of the pressures that come with being “in the know”.